Wednesday, February 9, 2011


 getting ready to celebrate my grandmother's 90th birthday on  Sunday! I am so blessed to have my granny . I know most ppl my age dont have grandparents or arent close to them like I am.. I was also very close to my grandpa.. He was (and still is) the most amazing man ive ever met. My grandma has always been there for me, her home has always been so warm and even at 30 years old I feel safe in my granny's arms.. My beautiful Mittie Irene.. After someone sees a picture of her when she was young and they say, WOW she is beautiful!! and they tell me I look like her, I get this warm feeling all over.. That is the biggest compliment I can get! She was a knock out!! We are supposed to all get together at her house, I hope all the family makes it over.. some of the family has been distant since my grandfather passed 2 years ago, for selfish reasons I can only guess..but thats another story.. I want her birthday to be great, I cant imagine the pain she feels day to day living without my grandfather. They were married for over 65 years..and have one hell of a love story!! I just hope everyone can put there drama and crap aside and make her day as beautiful as she is..(the first picture if my granny when she was in her mid 20's in the 1940's with one of my uncle's.. the second pic was taken by me at Christmas time 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment